- Choosing Your Gemstone
- New Products
- Healing Jewellery
- Healing Crystals
- Art Greeting Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Meditation Music
- Shop By ...
- ... Birthstone
- ... Chakra
- ... Colour
- ... Zodiac
- ... Special Occasion
- Gemstones A-C
- Gemstones D-L
- Gemstones M-R
- Gemstones S-Z
- Sold Gallery
Raw Almond Pulp Hummus
25 Aug 2019 14:00:00 | Author: Caryl
I make my own almond milk and am forever trying to find new ways of using up the almond pulp. This is just one of them. When I found this recipe (from My New Roots) my first thought was, "Great, I've got tahini to use up, so I'll make this hummus straight away!" Unfortunately, I couldn't find the tahini anywhere but I did find a packet of sesame seeds ......
So first, I made my own tahini - who knew it was so easy?!!! Then ...... I used it to make my own raw almond pulp hummus!
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Gently toast the sesame seeds in a dry saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the seeds become fragrant and very lightly coloured - approx 3-5 mins.
- Transfer toasted seeds to a large plate and cool.
- Add the sesame seeds to the bowl of a food processor and process until a crumbly paste forms, about 1 minute. Add the oil and process for another 2 to 3 minutes. You will need to scrape the bottom and sides of the food processor a couple times.
- Taste the tahini and add salt to taste if desired. Process a few more seconds to mix it in.
- Store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge.
Raw Almond Pulp Hummus
- 1-¼ cups nut pulp
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp raw tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch sea salt + pepper
- In a food processor, pulse to mince garlic. Add everything but the nut pulp and blend until creamy.
- With the motor running, slowly add the nut pulp a few spoonfuls at a time until you have everything well blended. If desired, add more water, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. (Remember that the nut pulp will last for up to seven days, so make your hummus quickly after the nut milk!)
- Next time, I think I'll add some courgette to the hummus, as I think that will make it even more delicious!
- Cleansing, Programming & Cleaning Your Crystals & Gemstones
- Toxic Gemstones
- What Does it Mean When Your Crystal Breaks or is Lost?
- The Archangels
- How to Make a Gem Elixir
- Crystals for Menopause & Post-Menopause
- Gemstones for Radiotherapy Treatment
- Gemstones for Infectious Diseases
- Gemstones to Help Focus with School Work & Studies
- Chakra Balancing
- Gemstones to Boost Immunity Whilst Fighting Breast Cancer