- Choosing Your Gemstone
- New Products
- Healing Jewellery
- Healing Crystals
- Art Greeting Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Meditation Music
- Shop By ...
- ... Birthstone
- ... Chakra
- ... Colour
- ... Metal
- ... Special Occasion
- ... Zodiac
- Gemstones A-C
- Gemstones D-L
- Gemstones M-R
- Gemstones S-Z
- Sold Gallery
How to Make a Gem Elixir
27 May 2016 11:00:00 | Author: Caryl
In addition to wearing gemstones, gemstone elixirs and essences are other ways that you can benefit from the powerful vibrations of gemstones. They are easy to make and can be used for all manner of circumstances. Apply them to your skin or spray them into a room, or even put them into your bath water.
There are two primary methods to make gem elixirs: One is the Direct Method in which the gemstone is immersed in the water; and the other is the Indirect Method, in which the gemstone is separated from the water by a barrier.
Please be aware that there are many toxic gemstones. If in doubt, only use the Indirect Method to make your gem elixir.
- Firstly, cleanse your chosen gemstones and charge them if you wish.
- Place your cleansed gems in a clear glass bowl or bottle and pour in spring, or purified, or filtered tap water.
- Cover the bowl and allow it to rest for 4-24 hours.
- Sit it on a windowsill where it can absorb the sun's and/or the moon's energies.
- Again, make sure your chosen gemstones are cleansed first.
- Place your cleansed gems into a clear glass bowl or bottle (just like with the Direct Method), then place this bowl into a larger bowl.
- Carefully pour the water into the larger bowl, without getting any into the bowl containing the gems.
- Cover the bowls and allow to rest for 4-24 hours.
- Sit on a windowsill where they can absorb the sun's and/or the moon's energies.
You have now created your Mother Tincture. Store it in a dark glass bottle with an airtight stopper. This can be used as is.
If you wish to keep your mother tincture longer than a week, it is best to preserve it. To do this, blend it with 50% brandy or vodka. Store the mixture in dark glass bottles and keep in a cool, dark place.
You can also make a dosage bottle, for immediate use. Fill a small dropper bottle with a 70-30 mixture of water and brandy. Add 7-10 drops of the mother tincture. Take 3-5 drops of the elixir several times a day.
What is your favourite crystal for making an elixir?
- Cleansing, Programming & Cleaning Your Crystals & Gemstones
- Toxic Gemstones
- What Does it Mean When Your Crystal Breaks or is Lost?
- The Archangels
- Crystals for Menopause & Post-Menopause
- How to Make a Gem Elixir
- Gemstones for Radiotherapy Treatment
- Gemstones to Boost Immunity Whilst Fighting Breast Cancer
- Gemstones for Infectious Diseases
- Gemstones to Help Focus with School Work & Studies
- Crystals for Fertility, Pregnancy & Childbirth