- Choosing Your Gemstone
- New Products
- Healing Jewellery
- Healing Crystals
- Art Greeting Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Meditation Music
- Shop By ...
- ... Birthstone
- ... Chakra
- ... Colour
- ... Metal
- ... Special Occasion
- ... Zodiac
- Gemstones A-C
- Gemstones D-L
- Gemstones M-R
- Gemstones S-Z
- Sold Gallery
Homemade Vegan Chocolate
20 Dec 2019 11:00:00 | Author: Caryl
I'm a sucker for chocolate - the darker the better as far as I'm concerned. At this time of year I get festive in my kitchen creating new chocolate temptations for gifts and for hiding at the back of the fridge for me to pick at when I feel the need!
The beauty of doing this myself is that I know there is no dairy hiding anywhere and to be honest, they are really easy to make. You can get as creative and adventurous with fillings as you want, or keep it simple. Either way, homemade chocolate is the best!
Homemade Vegan Chocolate
- 250g cacao butter
- 125g cacao or cocoa powder
- 90ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- You will need some Silicone Chocolate Moulds - I have a collection of fancy shaped ones and also like these ones that I used for the bars.
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan, being careful not to overheat.
- Take off the heat and add the cacao powder and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir well.
- Pour into a silicon chocolate mould and leave to set.
- Keep stored in the fridge.
- You can replace the maple syrup with any other sweetener you choose.
- Omit the syrup and vanilla to make cooking chocolate.
- When using fancy shaped moulds, add nuts, or crystalised fruit, or nut butter to the centre. You do this by adding a little bit of chocolate mixture to the mould and allowing it to set. Then you add the nut (or whatever else you are using) and then fill the shape with chocolate so that the nut is covered. Allow to set as usual.
- Try replacing the vanilla extract with a few drops of peppermint essence, or almond essence etc.
- Grate some orange zest into the chocolate mixture for a little jaffa flavour.
- Add some chilli flakes to spice up your chocolate.
There really are many different ways you can change or add flavour to your homemade chocolate. Let me know what you do for yours.
- Cleansing, Programming & Cleaning Your Crystals & Gemstones
- Toxic Gemstones
- What Does it Mean When Your Crystal Breaks or is Lost?
- The Archangels
- Crystals for Menopause & Post-Menopause
- How to Make a Gem Elixir
- Gemstones for Radiotherapy Treatment
- Gemstones for Infectious Diseases
- Gemstones to Help Focus with School Work & Studies
- Gemstones to Boost Immunity Whilst Fighting Breast Cancer
- Chakra Balancing