- Choosing Your Gemstone
- New Products
- Healing Jewellery
- Healing Crystals
- Art Greeting Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Meditation Music
- Shop By ...
- ... Birthstone
- ... Chakra
- ... Colour
- ... Zodiac
- ... Special Occasion
- Gemstones A-C
- Gemstones D-L
- Gemstones M-R
- Gemstones S-Z
- Sold Gallery
3 Oct 2019 13:00:00 | Author: Caryl
Once you start playing with aquafaba as an egg replacement, the natural thing to do is attempt meringues. I wasn't sure these would work, but decided I had to try it to find out, and you know what? ..... You'd never know they were any different to the regular version!
I shared this on my old blog a few years ago, but have had requests to share it again, so here it is! The recipe is originally from a fab group on Facebook, called "Vegan Meringue - Hits and Misses!"
Makes approx. 45 meringues
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees C.
- Put the first 3 ingredients into a bowl, turn on your mixer, and whip until stiff peaks are formed. The trick here is to get the mixture so stiff that it doesn't slip out of the bowl if you invert it over your head - Yes, I did test this!
- Add the sugar very slowly, a tablespoon at a time, until it is fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
- Put dessertspoon blobs of fluffy meringue onto parchment lined baking trays, leaving a little room between each one. Or you can delicately pipe them if you want them to look prettier than the ones in my photo!
- Place trays into oven and leave for 90 mins. The meringues are done when you can easily take them off the parchment paper. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in there for another 2 hours, or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cleansing, Programming & Cleaning Your Crystals & Gemstones
- Toxic Gemstones
- What Does it Mean When Your Crystal Breaks or is Lost?
- The Archangels
- How to Make a Gem Elixir
- Gemstones for Radiotherapy Treatment
- Gemstones to Help Focus with School Work & Studies
- Gemstones for Infectious Diseases
- Chakra Balancing
- Gemstones to Boost Immunity Whilst Fighting Breast Cancer
- My Kundalini Reiki Attunement Experience