- Choosing Your Gemstone
- New Products
- Healing Jewellery
- Healing Crystals
- Art Greeting Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Meditation Music
- Shop By ...
- ... Birthstone
- ... Chakra
- ... Colour
- ... Metal
- ... Special Occasion
- ... Zodiac
- Gemstones A-C
- Gemstones D-L
- Gemstones M-R
- Gemstones S-Z
- Sold Gallery
Mother Of Pearl Disc Healing Pendant Necklace
Product code: NMOP002
This necklace features a 50mm natural Mother Of Pearl disc, with small natural Mother Of Pearl beads hand wired on to a sterling silver chain. It has beautiful natural earthy colours and measures approx. 18 inches long.
Please note: One only! You will receive this necklace.
All Charms Of Light Healing Jewellery is Reiki enhanced and created with love and healing intentions.
Mother Of Pearl
♥ Protection ♥ Calming
Mother of Pearl is a 1st Anniversary gemstone.
Planet - Moon, Neptune
Numerical Vibration - Number 8
Typical colours - Cream, beige, white, black
A protection stone, Mother of Pearl brings the gentle healing power of the sea. It is a stress relieving stone; relaxing, soothing and calming to the emotions. Mother of Pearl stimulates our intuition, imagination, sensitivity and adaptability. It helps our emotions become more harmonious and balanced. Calming and soothing to temper or feelings of fear. It enables you to more easily express feelings of love. Mother of Pearl helps with clarity in decision making and is helpful for endurance, organisation and for home life.
Shop - Mother of Pearl Jewellery & Gifts
Most gemstone jewellery is fairly durable, but some care does need to be taken.
- Remove jewellery before doing any housework - household cleaners are corrosive and may permanently damage your gems;
- Remove jewellery before doing any manual labour; or work requiring hands to be immersed in water.
- Remove jewellery before swimming or showering - chlorine, some soaps and just immersing in water, may cause damage to your gemstones or their settings;
- Remove jewellery before sleeping - tossing and turning in your sleep puts excess strain on your jewellery, causing it to become loose or even break;
- Only put on your jewellery after perfume and/or hair care products have dried - these may cause breakdown of the stones;
- Store in a dark place, out of direct sunlight, in a pouch, ziplock bag, or jewellery box - sunlight may cause fading of stones and the humidity in the air can cause tarnishing to silver.
If your macrame jewellery requires cleaning, you can use some mild or diluted liquid soap on the cord only, on occasion. Make sure you rinse the soap off quickly with cold water and dry the cord by pressing between a soft towel to remove excess water.
Silver can tarnish quite easily, leaving it looking black and dirty. To ensure that your silver is kept shiny it can be polished gently with a jewellery cloth, or you can use a standard silver polish.
Copper is likely to develop a distinctive patina. Patina is not a "defect", it is a natural by-product. If you do not like the patina effect, you can clean copper goods using standard copper polish.
Brass will naturally tarnish, leaving a greenish patina. Patina is not a "defect", it is a natural by-product that adds colour and character. To preserve the patina effect, you can clean your brass jewellery with soap and warm water every now and then, to remove the dirt and grime build up. Simply wipe gently with a soft cloth and dry the jewellery well, to avoid water stains. If you do not like the patina, using a polishing cloth will remove it, or you can use a simple mixture of the juice of one lemon and one cup of water. Submerge the brass in the mixture and leave in the juice for about 15-30 minutes. Use a soft cloth or a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently remove the tarnish. Rinse thoroughly with water and wipe dry.
TAKE CARE using polishes and tarnish removers around your gemstones, as these can cause your gemstones to become dull and fade.
A soft cloth can be used to wipe over all your gemstones. As some gemstones are more sensitive to getting wet than others, it is always better to keep them dry as much as possible.